ORA-1017 remote login SYS as SYSDBA

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 23:12:47 +1100

Hi All,

Situation:
Windows 2016 Oracle 19.14 (just upgraded from 18C using autoupgrade)

At the end of the upgrade it needed me to use oradim to create the service as the upgrade does not do that.
I ran the oradim command but it gave an error that the password did not meet requirements.

The service was created, but no password file.

No problem, stopped the database and used orapwd to create password file. I can see that password file gets updated when I grant sysdba or change sys password.

However remote logon using sysdba does not work. All settings look OK but no luck

H:\>sqlplus sys/********_at_<sid> as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production on Tue Feb 15 23:03:56 2022 Version 19.3.0.0.0

Copyright (c) 1982, 2019, Oracle. All rights reserved.

ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

sec_case_sensitive_logon boolean TRUE
sec_max_failed_login_attempts integer 3
sec_protocol_error_further_action string (DROP,3)
sec_protocol_error_trace_action string TRACE
sec_return_server_release_banner boolean FALSE
remote_login_passwordfile string EXCLUSIVE
remote_os_authent boolean FALSE
remote_os_roles boolean FALSE

Anyone have more experience on windows that understands what could possibly be happening here?

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Feb 15 2022 - 13:12:47 CET

Original text of this message