Re: Sequnce Cache Size in RAC

From: Laurentiu Oprea <laurentiu.oprea06_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:14:20 +0200

Hello Krishna,

Your question is really incomplete, thus the answers you are getting are in consequence.

You might need to provide details on:
-> why the cache was initially set to 0
-> what drives the motivation to increase the cache and what kind of investigations was undertaken to conclude that the issues will be solved by this
-> what version your database is running

You might want to read these articles by Jonathan Lewis: https://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2022/02/07/sequence-catalogue/ and also this article maybe:
https://oracle-base.com/articles/18c/scalable-sequences-18c

Thanks.

PS: to answer your specific question: increasing cache size for sequences in your environment may or may not create issues.

În mar., 15 feb. 2022 la 12:31, Krishnaprasad Yadav <chrishna0007_at_gmail.com> a scris: