Re: Sequnce Cache Size in RAC

From: Andy Sayer <andysayer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:50:07 +0000

“It is possible that your numbering has gaps when a rollback happens.”
This is true regardless of cache size.

Test your application with the new cache size, make sure you’re getting it used on multiple nodes. Only that and knowledge of the code will tell you if there’s a problem. There shouldn’t be, but who knows what assumptions have been baked in.

There’s more than just one wait event that comes from incrementing the sequence. It doesn’t need to be a top 10 event for it to be a problem for a specific critical process.

Thanks,
Andy