Re: ORA-1017 remote login SYS as SYSDBA

From: Andy Sayer <andysayer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 13:09:33 +0000

Hi Jack,

A couple of irrelevant things first.
It’s weird that autoupgrade didn’t create a service for you, it had to run the upgrade somewhere so presumably it had a service at some point. <sid> should really be <tnsnames entry that points to appropriate listener and sid/service name>. Sid might be an appropriate name, but when you have many environments with the same DBs, this doesn’t make too much sense. If the instance is local then just set the environment parameter oracle_sid and connect without a connection string.

Anyway…
Did you make sure you are using the password you set with orapwd? Did you make sure you set the password file name correctly - people often use the wrong casing. It should be “PWDsid.ora”.

Hope this helps,
Andy