Re: Significance of specific database parameter difference

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 09:44:17 -0400

These 4 I'm familiar with. Comments in-line

nls_sort = 'BINARY' --- important for some application functionality. Could very well be needed in new Database

optimizer_dynamic_sampling=0 --- if you were burning a lot of excess CPU, this will help prevent that. Dynamic sampling can be expensive. If you're not pushing your CPU capacity, then I'd probably leave this at the default (2) instead of 0.

optimizer_index_caching=100

optimizer_index_cost_adj=1

Chris