Re: Shareplex

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 20:45:16 -0400

Bobby, I love your book. It is still the best GG book I have, despite the fact that it doesn't cover multi-tenant option. As someone who has used both, I can tell you that  Golden Gate is twice as expensive as SharePlex and Quest has some interesting licensing options: they can rent you SharePlex for the purpose of an upgrade or platform transition and when it's done, you no longer have to worry about that. I've used SharePlex to transition from Oracle on HP-UX Itanic to Linux. I don't think that SP can do heterogeneous databases like GG can. However, it's excellent for Oracle --> Oracle transitions.

PS:

Will you update your book to cover multi-tenant and micro-services?

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant