Re: Shareplex

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 20:50:23 -0400

Hi Muhammad!

I have used it for a platform change, but it was Enterprise Edition.  Quest had a very interesting licensing option to rent the product until the migration was complete. The migration was from Oracle 11.2.0.4 on Itanic --> Oracle 12.1.0.2 on Linux, with zero downtime. That was achieved without a problem. SP is a bit complex to set up and I was calling Quest Support more than once. They were very responsive and helpful. SharePlex is a good product. I don't see why it wouldn't work on the standard edition but I haven't tried it.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant