Re: Reducing screen time

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:30:12 -0700

This one is rather important IMO:

Get a monitor that has analog brightness controls.

Many monitors use PWM <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse-width_modulation>, which is hard on the eyes.

This website, TFT Central, has an explanation of PWM as it applies to eye health, and a database of non-PWM monitors.

It made quite a big difference for me.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Oracle ACE Alumni
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://github.com/jkstill