RE: Reducing screen time

From: <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 17:58:43 -0700

Would recommend having a non-work laptop or desktop or even a cloud based computer if cost is an issue. In this way you won’t be tempted to look at that email that just messaged you it is here.

For eye sight good vitamins, good food, rest and relaxation.

There are a variety of eye exercises you can do too. Eye doctor’s normally recommend often looking away from your screen and focusing on something in the distance so your eyes don’t spend all their time on focusing on small close objects. There are also computer style reading glasses for blocking the blue light of the screen or even special monitors that reduce blue light.

Automate, Automate, Automate so that you don’t have to spend as much time in front of the laptop.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of kunwar singh Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 5:47 PM
To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Reducing screen time

Hi Listers,

Slightly non-oracle topic. Still wanted to learn from experienced folks here .

I am struggling to reduce my screen time with ever increasing workload .

What are your thoughts on this topic and ideas that you employ to maintain good eyesight . How to be equally productive by spending time away from the screen. Every time I have an work-related idea I need my laptop to test it out :) as I am a DBA .

..I apologize for a non-oracle question..hope you guys don’t mind

--

Cheers,
Kunwar