RE: OEM 13C questions - metric extension

From: Tiwari, Yogesh <"Tiwari,>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 02:47:43 +0000

Jack,

// Assuming you have DB used by OEM at your disposal //

You might want to write a simple PL/SQL block to dump timestamp, in a log table, everytime collection is run. With each run, PL/SQL block refers to the table to fetch timestamp, and counts then onwards. Further, instead of changing metric extension everytime, you may parameterized PL/SQL externally, (leaving default for metric extn to use), for personal use.

This way, you ll not need to edit anything in OEM DB or in metric extn.

HTH Thanks,
Yogi
Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or copyrighted material or attorney work product. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of Fidelity. All e-mails may be monitored or recorded.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Jack van Zanen Sent: 01 November 2019 05:20
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: OEM 13C questions - metric extension

Hi All

Quick question, I hope...

I have an application log and I want to create a metric extension that counts the number of errors since last check. It is fairly easy to write a query that looks at errors in the last 30 minutes and schedule the collection for every 30 minutes, but that means if I want to run this every hour or 15 minutes i need to edit the extension.

Is there a way for OEM to capture the number of occurrences since last check? I presume that is what OEM does with some of the internal metrics already.

Regards

Jack van Zanen

[https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwovDucFT1fXaEREVHNWRWZyNjg&export=download]

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation