Re: Question To Test My Sanity

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 13:40:17 +0100

On 11/04/2019 13:06, Scott Canaan wrote:  > ...
> The question:  Has anyone else run into this kind of setup?  Is this a
> common configuration?
Some of the architects of cloud systems I've worked on decided a similar thing. We were required to remote onto a Linux box "in the cloud" and from there, use the tools they provided to jump off to the cloudy database servers.

This was a PITA as I had the tools I liked and paid for, on my desktop, not on the jumpoff box, so I did a couple of ssh tunnels from my desktop to the Linux box and that was me, happily working on my desktop again.

I beleieve in recent versions of Windows, if that's what your jumpoff box is, that there's an SSH Server built in that just needs enabling and Robert is your mother's brother. :)

HTH See also, if I might be excused the blatant plug, https://github.com/NormanDunbar/ssh_tunnels/releases if you need to read all about it.

Cheers,
Norm.

--