Re: Databases on AWS EC2

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 13:35:07 +0100

On 11/04/2019 13:18, Hameed, Amir wrote:
> We have had a few discussions with Oracle regarding its licensing policy
> on Azure. Oracle’s position was that one Oracle license was equivalent
> to one vCPU, irrespective of whether a vCPU is a full core or a thread
> of a multi-threaded core.

The above is true if you are not running Oracle Linux on Azure. If you are, the core factors come back into play again.

I did an Azure migration to Windows recently (ok, about two years ago!) and it started with pay for the licence as you use it, then it was bring your own licence, then they messed with the core factors. Nothing like screwing your customers! :(

That huge cost saving by moving to the cloud? Consider it well ....

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar