Re: System stats

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 08:31:28 +0100

Hi

This is one of those features where Oracle makes different recommendation in the last 10 years or a few more.

When it was first released Oracle recommended to gather system stats. When customer started to report issues and these got fixed after system stats is removed then Oracle started recommending test it first which was complicated test. A few years later the recommendation is, this is your decision if you have used it in the past successfully then use it, and lately they dont recommended use it anymore as you have read.

To be honest I have used it in quite a few systems and I dont see any major improvement.

Thanks