Re: System stats

From: <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 09:43:11 +0100 (CET)

Generally speaking it is more a question of what works for you.That is defined by the quality of the execution plans.  In the world of the optimizer no such thing as the absolute truth does exist. There are limited statistics and some basic assumnptions available for the optimizer to generate plans to all the sql in all Oracle databases worldwide. That it works as good as it does is close to a miracle.