Re: Managing large ASM trace files

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 14:07:44 -0500

That has, actually, already happened:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6NHC/com.ibm.swg.im.dashdb.apdv.plsql.doc/doc/c0053607.html

I wonder when will certain company from Redmond, WA do the

same thing? That would be a great plus for SQL Server. I am not

quite sure about the right to implement, but PostgreSQL has PL/PgSQL,

which is extremely similar to PL/SQL. As of Pg 11, it is possible to use

transactions in the PL/PgSQL. Unfortunately, PL/PgSQL has no packages,

its developers advise using schemas instead:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/plpgsql-porting.html

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant