Re: Limited number of DB Services in RAC / Grid Infrastructure / Listener 12.1?

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 18:27:39 +0000

You would be limited to number of services based on whichever of the two limits you hit first.

  1. Maximum number of 1024 servers per instance in 12c.
  2. Or limit of 4000 characters in V$SYSTEM_PARAMETER.VALUE column, which is used to store comma separated services values per instance set by CRS.

Regards,

Vishal Gupta

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Ryan January <rjanuary_at_gmail.com> Reply-To: <rjanuary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 23 January 2017 at 14:17
To: <martin.klier_at_performing-db.com>
Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Limited number of DB Services in RAC / Grid Infrastructure / Listener 12.1?

On 11.2 I remember running into a character limit. (all service names are concatenated together and stored in a parameter)

I've not yet utilized a high number of services on 12. Per http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/REFRN/GUID-213CC210-4B96-420C-B5B8-3A217F17FC2C.htm#REFRN0044 this may not be an issue and has a limit of 1024 services.

On Jan 23, 2017, at 8:12 AM, Martin Klier - Performing Databases GmbH <martin.klier_at_performing-db.com> wrote:

Hi listers,

is there a maximum number of DB services a Grid Infrastructure, Listener and RAC Database 12.1 can maintain?

I'm asking because of load managing purposes in a consolidated RAC system. We have many schemas there, and discussed the option to have one service for each schema, to be able to shift them around independently. Unfortunately there is not much on the net about it, or at least I searched for the wrong keywords...

Thank you very much in advance, any hints are appreciated.

Regards

Martin

--

Martin Klier | Performing Databases GmbH Managing Partner | Senior DB Consultant
Oracle ACE

martin.klier_at_performing-db.com | http://www.performing-databases.com

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jan 23 2017 - 19:27:39 CET