Exadata cell disk erase - disk scrubbing

From: H. Abhishek <authoritydba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 16:48:22 -0600

Howdy Guys!

We got to returned our leased old exadata boxes and need to destroy all data at the DOD level (7 passes).

Oracle says they don't want us to erase more than 2 disks at the same time. Their recommendation would take us forever to get out of the box.

Has anyone got any experience with this? Especially wiping disks in parallel.
The guy from Oracle says it consumes a LOT of CPU. I think it should be IO bound. Why does he say that?

Thanks!
Abhishek