AW: Re: is it possible to use external tables in an oracle cloud database ?

From: l.flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 21:37:23 +0200

I have no clue either .  Just wondering about db file system .

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy Smartphone gesendet. -------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Steve Karam <oraclealchemist_at_gmail.com> Datum: 25.11.16 17:09 (GMT+02:00) An: mwf_at_rsiz.com Cc: jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com, remigiusz.sokolowski_at_nordea.com, oracle-l_at_freelists.org Betreff: Re: is it possible to use external tables in an oracle cloud database ? Curious question: on AWS RDS you also have no access to the filesystem either; however, they add special packages (e.g. rdsadmin.rdsadmin_util.create_directory) that permit you to create and manage directories, and then you can use UTL_FILE, DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER, etc.

Is there any equivalent at all in Oracle Cloudland? Jeff's responses indicate no, but just making sure.

Steve Karam
OracleAlchemist.com