Re: Compare two AWR execution plan

From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 08:06:03 +0100

I normally do not care about plans from the past. I use cardinality feedback, to find out where the optimizer goes wrong. I try to fix the stats and the statement text so that the optimizers estimates correct. That normally does the job. The result is quite often a better plan than the "good" plan from the past.