Re: System Stats - MAXTHR and SLAVETHR

From: Deepak Sharma <"Deepak>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 16:15:24 +0000 (UTC)

I also had the same question about the best way to collect stats. Will try your suggestion (apress). Thanks,
Deepak

    On Friday, September 2, 2016 9:46 AM, Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de> wrote:

 Hey Luis,
the problem with collecting workload statistics over several days (e.g. whole week in your case) is that averages computed over several days may be very misleading when the workload changes considerably over that same period of time.

I prefer the approach of Christian Antognini that he describes in his TOP book (http://www.apress.com/9781430257585) on page 197/198.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de