Re: NetApp All Flash

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 09:49:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Jeff,
CPU usage on average is the "wrong" metric to look at as you want to have a stable and predictable performance at every time. Please look at the CPU spikes.

The impact on CPU increase (due to faster storage) depends on how your database behaves right now - basically is your database time I/O or CPU driven (in general and especially due to the CPU spike times)?

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK