Re: ODA update to 12.1.2.5.0 node 2 hostname reset

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 15:59:36 +1000

I guess either ODAs are not very popular, or I have all the luck in the world, finding arcane bugs..

Just to document it in case anyone needs it in the future: somehow the hostname was changed in /etc/sysconfig/network. Changing it back and a reboot solved the problem. Simple on hindsight, but it just took Oracle more than 6 hours of pouring over logs to come up with the solution.

Cudos to the MOS support guy who was very diligent and helpful! Should happen more often.

Cheers,
Tony