Re: Moveing to Linux for Windows - Choose Oracle Linux?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:45:27 -0500

On 12/12/2015 04:06 AM, Stefan Koehler wrote:
> XFS file system support

Hi Stefan,
In RH7.x, as well as OL7.x and all other Red Hat Linux derivatives, XFS is the default file system. What is included in that XFS support? I have OL 7.2 and there is nothing special about XFS:

oracle_at_rac1 ~]$ mount |grep ' / '
/dev/mapper/ol-root on / type xfs (rw,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota) [oracle_at_rac1 ~]$ cat /etc/oracle-release Oracle Linux Server release 7.2
[oracle_at_rac1 ~]$

All of the XFS programs are included by default installation:

oracle_at_rac1 ~]$ rpm -qa|grep xfs
xfsdump-3.1.4-1.el7.x86_64
xfsprogs-3.2.2-2.el7.x86_64

Nobody asked me for any special support contract. As far as I know, that's all there is to it. XFS is not an advanced, snapshot capable file system like zfs, btrfs, acfs or NTFS.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA