Re: Moveing to Linux for Windows - Choose Oracle Linux?

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 10:06:16 +0100 (CET)

Hi guys,
i am not quite sure where i should have mentioned the vendor support topic - support can be as good or as bad as with any OS vendor ;-)

The only thing that i have said is that OEL is a very good choice as it is already pre-configured for RDBMS (e.g. I/O scheduler or memory options like disabled transparent huge pages, etc.), if Jeff's company is going to move to Linux and they are not very familiar with it yet.

In addition if his company is going to purchase support (ULN), they get additional benefits with OEL (only) like:

- DTrace (not as great as DTrace on Solaris, but it's ok)
- Ksplice (with  Premier Support only afaik)
- XFS file system support

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de