Re: Question - Fusion Middleware inside Cloud Control or no?

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:46:33 +0000

Hi.

I recognize the problem, but this is where I typically "educate" the people involved. Security is not about, "always apply all patches to all systems all the time". It is about identifying risk in context. All audit and security processes allow for "exceptions to the rule". It is up to you to identify where an exception is required and document why it is required and any relevant risks, or why they are not risks in this context. Provided that is all done correctly, there is no harm done.

Of course, if your client refuses to accept this, they are stupid and you have to decide how to deal with this. Personally, I walk away. I've got better things to do with my life than deal with idiot customers. :) I understand not everyone has that option... :)

Cheers

Tim...