Re: Monitoring Standard Edition in EM 12c

From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 09:24:38 -0400

I never said these things were popular or in widespread use. They might be -- I wouldn't know. In the past 10 years, I have only encountered OEM used to monitor *Oracle* in a small fraction of the sites I have visited, but that could be because the sites I get to visit are part of a self-selecting group (people who are willing to hire people like me) and in no way are representative of the norm.

I rather suspect that if Oracle made OEM a more affordable choice for monitoring its own products it may gain traction and become more popular with other products. Or not. I am not a marketing professional, and I have no data, so how would I know?

In any case, the discussion here -- at least as pertains to OEM -- is more about what *can* be done, not so much about what usually *is* done.