Re: Monitoring Standard Edition in EM 12c

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 08:36:52 -0400

On 05/29/2015 01:22 AM, MARK BRINSMEAD wrote:
> Actually, I believe there may be third party plugins for SQLserver and
> MySQL, too. Since I neither use OEM much, nor those databases, its
> just something I (might) recall having heard discussed not something I
> have actively researched. I'd be a little surprised if a thorough
> search did not turn up some kind of plugins for DB2, Postgres, etc.
I have done gigs with SQL Server, DB2 and Postgres and I have never encountered OEM 12c as monitoring software of choice. It is used mainly for monitoring Oracle. Which tells me all I need to know about the perception of the tool. The main question is not the one about availability of plugins, the main question is the one about the number of users. And somehow, I don't think there are many of those using OEM 12c to monitor SQL Server. I can make a case for Nagios or Zabbix in a minute, and price remains the same. And so can any Windows, Linux or MySQL administrator.
--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA