Re: Slightly OT: Flash Storage

From: Austin Hackett <hacketta_57_at_me.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 12:37:28 +0000

Hi Biju

I worked on a project to re-platform a database, and flash storage featured in the solution. This was an existing NFS & NetApp shop and time pressures meant it wasn't possible to introduce any major architectural changes into the environment. For this reason NetApp Flash Pool was chosen e.g. a large SSD cache backed by HDD. 10 GbE and Oracle Direct NFS were also used. The solution worked well - the forecast performance improvements were delivered. These were based on an analysis of current IO wait time and average I/O latency for performance critical SQL statements versus what would happen if average I/O latency was reduced to 1 msec.

Thanks

Austin--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Dec 14 2014 - 13:37:28 CET

Original text of this message