RE: Lunch: I'm a DBA - ask me anything

From: Tyfanie Wineriter <tyfaniew_at_uoregon.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 18:26:41 +0000

How about "What day made you wish you weren't a DBA" .. and conversely "What day made you very glad to be a DBA"?

Or "What kind of personality traits do you think make a good DBA"?

~ Tyfanie Wineriter ~

Database Administrator
University of Oregon
1212 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97402-1212
(541) 346-1366

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jeremy Schneider Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 7:23 AM
To: Oracle-L
Subject: Lunch: I'm a DBA - ask me anything

We've got these dba lunch meetups going in Chicago and we tried something new last week. Started lunch by "introducing" one of the members. The interviewee answers a few questions, and we keep the discussion around each question to a few minutes. Fun way to start lunch and there was still plenty of time for the usual techy chatter afterwards.

My question for this (oracle-l) list: if you could ask a DBA anything, what would you ask?

Here are the four questions we've used so far:

1. how'd you get started with the oracle db?
2. what's the most interesting system or application you've worked on in your career?  can you tell us a bit about the architecture?
3. who's your #1 influencer, mentor, or author?
4. what's the #1 thing you need to learn so you'll still have a job in 5-10 years?

BTW - lunch is in deerfield today, schaumburg tomorrow and downtown next wednesday. Just in case anyone is interested in joining. :)

-J

--

http://about.me/jeremy_schneider

--