Re: 3 par recovery manager for Oracle (HP Product)

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 13:51:45 -0500

Storage snapshots are awesome and fast and useful in so many ways, but not all ways. Here's a bit more marketing describing the other side of that coin:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/availability/rman-fra-snapshot-322251.html

So, consider a mix of both of those strategies. It's been discussed in Oracle-L before, but a better approach is to not think of "backup requirements", but rather "recovery requirements". When that is properly defined, then the technology choices become much clearer.

Andy