Re: Weird SCAN Issue

From: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 08:59:15 +0100

Everyone guessed, why not actually look? Can you issue a 'lsnrctl services' for the local listener (which should listen on the VIP, and is called 'LISTENER' by default), and a 'lsnrctl services' for the SCAN listeners?

If you connect through a SCAN listener, you pick out a handler of a service, and if the handler is a remote server, you a redirected to that. The SCAN listener should list their all handlers of the services as REMOTE SERVER, and has a description of that remote services.

My *guess* would be the host description of the remote server handler in the SCAN listener is not resolvable/connectable for your client. But please do actual look.

Frits Hoogland

http://fritshoogland.wordpress.com
frits.hoogland_at_gmail.com
+31 6 53569942