Re: Weird SCAN Issue

From: Steven Andrew <postora_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 23:22:13 -0700

Thanks all for the responses. I will try to answer all the questions which we had ruled out as part of our troubleshooting excercise if you will :) We did telnet to SCAN IPs all 3, it worked. As it worked from appNode2, it was sure the SCAN IPs/port were open also services were registered in appropirate scan listeners.

We validated the routes and they looked to be same on both app nodes. DNS and /etc/hosts on the app nodes, all looked normal and nslookup returned the right SCAN Ips, as it should.

We have a firewall between appNodes and DB. Since i was able to successfully connect via the dbnode-vips from appNode1, that seem to have ruled out the FW. Also when i make the connection request via SCAN or SCAN ips, i see entry in respective SCAN listener log but don't see corresponding entry in dbnode-vip listener. That's where i'm at a loss.

Andy, Both App nodes runs on stock 11.2.0.3 version of client but no PSU applied on it. however the RAC nodes are on 11.2.0.3.4 (Oct PSU). I will try to look up the bug you mentioned and try to do the workaround you had mentioned to see if i get lucky on that.

Will keep you all posted.

Steven.