Re: 11.2 Grid Infrastructure upgrade failure

From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 14:17:50 +0000

Hi Jason!

from what you said I am assuming you are creating a new CRS home for 11.2. Very interesting scenario :) Please have a presentation ready for one of the next RAC SIGs

jason arneil wrote:
> 2010/1/5 Niall Litchfield <>:

>> Hi Jason, i'd concur with Martin about the perl script.

> The perl script (eventually) runs a oifcfg command, latest from Oracle
> is that this command should run from the 10.2 Clusterware home, rather
> than the new Grid Infrastructure home, but for some reason it's not.

If that's a test/dev/sandbox (read: not so really important) environment, I might set the full path and see if the execution from the 10.2 home makes any difference. The beauty of perl scripts-you don't have to wait for them to give you a patch. If it's an important box, better stay away from this kind of manipulation.

By the way, is this reproducible?

>>  I do take issue with the mainstream platform and can't believe comment though.
>> We see a lot of 10.2 on linux installs - they're nearly all 32 bit.

Hope this helps,

Martin Bach
OCM 10g