11G RAC Configuration
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 19:33:04 -0600
One of our architects asked me if there were any issues with the configuration below?
Apparently we have a project with a client having the HP BL465C and asking if we can use the DL365 or DL385. Plus the rest. He talked to an Oracle salesman who, of course, has no clue.
I don't have any RAC configurations like this so any issues? Didn't think 2 node systems bought us much.
Here is the configuration we discussed & are trying to validate as "Oracle supported"...
- 2-node RAC cluster (11G):
- Node One: HP BL465C (blade using Virtual Connect Ethernet & Virtual Connect Fibre-channel)
- Node Two: HP DL365 (stand-alone system)
- OS: RedHat Linux AS 5.3 (both systems)
- Oracle RAC 11i
- EMC DMX4 disk (currently supported microcode level no older than 5671)
- Brocade SAN fabric (currently supported FOS level)
The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.
Received on Wed Jan 06 2010 - 19:33:04 CST