Re: Duplicate function is a lot longer than a backup

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:28:56 +0000

Hi Jeffrey,

if you're really stuck, why not debug and trace the session?

rman target / debug log=/tmp/log.txt trace=/tmp/trace.txt

RMAN> debug on;
RMAN> your commands here;
RMAN> debug off;
RMAN> exit

That should give you an idea where time is lost, if you can't wade through the trace (it's very verbose) then create a SR with Oracle. Doesn't mean they can in the first instance but hey, it's their product in the end.

Hope that helps,

Martin

--
Martin Bach