Re: Is there a repository to pick Perl DBI/DBD::Oracle modules for Solaris 10 & Oracle 10gr2?

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:35:16 +0000

Hi Pradeep,

Pradeep Chetal wrote:
> Martin
>
> Thanks.
>
> I did build it with Solaris Studio but for one architecture. I think it
> was V440. Then it failed to run our T2000 and T5120 boxes.

I used the Perl Development Kit from ActiveState-allows you to bundle a perl script with a perl runtime plus the required libraries for moving my "scripts" from the build machine to the monitoring targets. You will need to have the same Oracle client software on the destination platform though, I used an instant client which is simple enough to install and used 10.2 for maximum compatibility with Oracle releases. Just remember to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH if you get undefined references.

> I guess I have to build them for every architecture?
 >
 > Is that correct?

That depends, I had to rebuild the DBD::Oracle module for Solaris 9 using the same technique as before. The module will also be local to your perl installation.

Hope this helps,

Martin

> -- Pradeep

[avoiding over-quoting...]