RE: Is there a repository to pick Perl DBI/DBD::Oracle modules for Solaris 10 & Oracle 10gr2?

From: Rich Jesse <>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:10:02 -0600 (CST)

> I did build it with Solaris Studio but for one architecture. I think it
> was V440. Then it failed to run our T2000 and T5120 boxes.

Have you thought about simply installing the Oracle Grid Control Agent in it's own ORACLE_HOME on the box? It includes a build of Perl (Oracle 10.2 has Perl v5.8.3) that has DBD::Oracle and a bunch of other fun modules. Here's some "use" statements I have in my Perl programs that use the Perl included with the Grid Control Agent install:

use File::Find;
use File::Basename;
use POSIX qw(strftime tmpnam);
use Fcntl qw(:flock SEEK_CUR);