Re: MOS - Display Notes Directly

From: Adric Norris <spikey.mcmarbles_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:09:34 -0600

To expand a bit upon Jared's information, those of us who browse via Firefox can easily turn this into a keyword search bookmark for easy access.
  • Create a bookmark in the usual manner, and set the URL to the following. This is simply what Jared provided with "%s" appended.

https://supporthtml.oracle.com/ep/faces/secure/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id=%s

  • Assign a short, easily remembered keyword such as "mos" to the entry. You might need to click on the arrow labeled More in order to see the keyword field.

To see the beastie in action just type your selected keyword followed by the DocID of interest, for example "mos 746247.1", in the URL bar and press enter. You don't even have to signon to MOS first... you'll be directed to a logon page if necessary, after which the document comes up straightaway. Assuming that MOS is actually available, of course. :P

This technique will almost certainly work for general (non-DocID) searches as well... we just need to identify the relevant URL.

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.