Re: WARN http: snmehl_connect: connect failed to ... Connection refus

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:25:13 -0700

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Yong Huang <> wrote:

> I'm glad you found the solution. By the way, if you had followed
> Joe's advice to try telnet to port 1158 and send a clear text HTTP
> command (e.g. HEAD / HTTP/1.0), you would have found the solution.
> A systematic approach works better than serendipity, unless the
> solution is intuitively found in a few minutes.

There is an easier way. Just ask Oracle

[oracle_at_ordb ~]$ emctl status dbconsole TZ set to US/Pacific
Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control Release Copyright (c) 1996, 2007 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g is running.

Logs are generated in directory

Jared Still