Re: Database character set conversion.

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:28:33 +0200

Fred,
as mentioned by others, csscan is a good start! all char, varchar2, nvarchar2 etc columns can be more or less easily switched to ... varchar2(<size> CHAR) {instead of varchar2(<size> BYTE) which it will be probably in your case) by going through *_tab_cols
CLOBs are a little bit more fun:
please check Note:257772.1 - CLOBs and NCLOBs character set storage in Oracle Release 8i, 9i and 10g , as you will probably double the size of your CLOBs, or other way round, if CLOBs are stored in row right now, they probably fall out of row just because of your cenversion. (with all its aspects on storage size and performance) hth
  Martin