Re: WARN http: snmehl_connect: connect failed to ... Connection refus

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:17:40 -0700 (PDT)

  • On Wed, 8/12/09, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm glad you found the solution. By the way, if you had
> followed
> Joe's advice to try telnet to port 1158 and send a
> clear text HTTP
> command (e.g. HEAD / HTTP/1.0), you would have found the
> solution.
>
> A systematic approach works better than serendipity, unless
> the
> solution is intuitively found in a few minutes.
>

> There is an easier way. Just ask
> Oracle
> [oracle_at_ordb ~]$ emctl status
> dbconsoleTZ set to US/PacificOracle
> Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control Release
> 10.2.0.4.0
>
> Copyright (c) 1996, 2007 Oracle Corporation. All
> rights reserved.https://ordb.radisys.com:1158/em/console/aboutApplication
>
> Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g is
> are generated in directory
> /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/oid/ordb.radisys.com_orcl/sysman/log
>

> Jared Still

I think he already tried that. What I suggested, actually Joe suggested, is that when the brain is stuck at something (which looks obvious only after the fact like https vs http), try what you think should work except by means slightly behind-the-scenes. In case of http, that means telnet to the http port and send the http text commands. If the web server only accepts https input, you'll immediately see the intuitive response.

I'm sure we all agree solving a particular problem may not be as important as learning a systematic way to solve that type of problems.

Yong Huang