Re: Elapsed time of active running query

From: Yong Huang <>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 19:33:09 -0700 (PDT)

>I was hoping last_call_et would give me this information; however it
>pretty much stays at 0 due to waits I guess (and status of inactive).

Sometimes you see status='INACTIVE' and last_call_et=0, or status='ACTIVE' and last_call_et>0. I think it's related to the fact that the column last_call_et is not updated fast enough. It may be updated only once per 3 seconds (pmon wakup time). But I can't find definitive answer about this 3 second update interval.

Yong Huang