Re: Elapsed time of active running query

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 19:15:28 -0700

Hi Michael,

> I am disabling parallel query in the session before running the "select *" and do not see the query running in parallel. The table is managed by VPD, but I am using a user that is exempted from the security policies.

I was just about to ask if that table had any VPD policies attached :)  With VPD, no user is exempt from the security policies: Every SQL to that table will have to pass via that predicate function. What you probably meant was that that user was allowed to see everything on that table (predicate returns "1=1"?). This will then be considered recursive SQL which in turn would reset the LAST_CALL_ET. (Warning: This is the logical explanation - I haven't actually tried it meself)

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj