any unix/linux script to generate schema DDL?

From: Guang Mei <>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:52:49 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know any sites or URL that has unix/linux script(s) to generate a schema DDL (including tables, index, views, package code, store procs, etc), say using soemthing like DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL? I can use Oracle SQLDeveloper to do it manually, but I would like to have the script called by a cron job. BTW, I do not want to use dump file to import the db structure, just some unix/linux script to "extract" schema DDL. I googled around but could not find one.