Re: any unix/linux script to generate schema DDL?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 11:07:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Guang,

It depends on exactly what you're looking for. I use Data Pump to take daily DDL snapshots in our 10.1.0.5.0 development database using a superset of this Korn script fragment:

ThisDate=`date +\%y\%m\%d\%H\%M\%S`
SCHEMA_FILE="daily_schema_ddl_${ORACLE_SID}_${ThisDate}" TS_FILE="daily_ts_ddl_${ORACLE_SID}_${ThisDate}"

# Export of schema DDL.
time expdp / \

        directory=daily_ddl_dir \
        dumpfile=${SCHEMA_FILE}.expdp \
        logfile=${SCHEMA_FILE}.log_${ThisDate} \
        content=metadata_only \
        exclude=statistics,grant \
        schemas=MYSCHEMA1, MYSCHEMA2, MYSCHEMA3 \
        job_name=daily_schema_ddl

# Compress the schema exports.
time gzip $ADMIN/LOGS/${SCHEMA_FILE}.expdp

# Export of tablespace DDL and their associated data files. time expdp / \

        directory=daily_ddl_dir \
        dumpfile=${TS_FILE}.expdp \
        logfile=${TS_FILE}.log_${ThisDate} \
        include=tablespace \
        full=y

Of course, you MUST modify the above to suit your needs (e.g. the "directory", "exclude" and "schemas" clauses). And be sure to test it out first to make sure it'll do what you're thinking it will. :)

HTH! GL! Rich