Re: Error recovering a database with a read-only tablespace

From: David Lord <dlordster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:16:56 +0100

Finn,

Yes, it does look like the resetlogs didn't update the datafile header - which I guess makes sense since the file could easily be on read-only media. I'm not sure why on earth the open resetlogs command can't work out that the file is read-only and just ignore it though.

Thanks for your reply.
David Lord