** Schema change on replicated env

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:37:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I have Oracle multi master replication setup. We are doing heavy processing and replication is behind. I need to add a column to a table. Generally this is done by doing quisce. then generate support. Right now I cannot do that quisce. Is there alternate or round about way to do this? Thanks for help. Also if column is added on the source as it is without quisce, it will work but I do not know the consequences. It is small table so I can sync it up later too. Thanks

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 18 2008 - 14:37:43 CDT

Original text of this message