RE: Error recovering a database with a read-only tablespace

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:13:48 -0600

I would think that is because you could have brought the tablespace read write, and then read only before another backup, and during the restore process there is no way, for Oracle, to know if the file present is the right file or an older backup/copy restored in error.

The puzzler for me relative to Metalink note 266991.1, and this case, is that, the metalink note talks about recovering through resetlogs for read only tablespaces (for the same dbid). But in this case the error on file 13 was about a dbid mismatch. I wonder how Oracle allowed it to be plugged in using the same mechanism without going through a tablespace transport (as outlined in note 433569.1) - or perhaps I missed part of the restore activity.

-Krish