Re: Time estimate for setting RMAN with TSM (IBM Tivoli Storage Manager)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:14:52 -0800 (PST)
- Probably about an hour or two I'd guess. It's been a while since I've done it, but I doubt it has changed much.
- To set up the components is about 5 minutes or less. It just involves replacing a library in $ORACLE_HOME. To test, well, that would take the same time it would take you to test RMAN without TSM, so that's up to you. You should include a little extra time since TSM is likely slower than a disk destination by a little bit.
- Privileges on files in the TSM client software were an issue for me when I did my last setup on Linux. The oracle user couldn't write to some TSM logfile that is created by default in the TSM client's directory. An strace made the issue easy to find and fix.
- Original Message ---- From: Limin Guo <lguo.oracle_at_gmail.com> To: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:38:07 PM Subject: Time estimate for setting RMAN with TSM (IBM Tivoli Storage Manager)
I'd like to have a rough time estimate for setting up RMAN backup with TSM. The time estimate is based on the person who is very fluent in Oracle RMAN and Unix systems, but has never worked with TSM.
- how long to install TSM components on the servers and test it out? assume only one Oracle database server.
- how long to setup Oracle components and test the backup? Assume Oracle software already installed. (is it still true that some Oracle executables need to be relinked after TSM installation, sorry, I should find TSM documentation and read it first)
- Anything that I need to pay special attention during the installation and testing phase?
Thank you in advance.
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jan 23 2008 - 17:14:52 CST