Time estimate for setting RMAN with TSM (IBM Tivoli Storage Manager)

From: Limin Guo <lguo.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:38:07 -0500

I'd like to have a rough time estimate for setting up RMAN backup with TSM. The time estimate is based on the person who is very fluent in Oracle RMAN and Unix systems, but has never worked with TSM.

  1. how long to install TSM components on the servers and test it out? assume only one Oracle database server.
  2. how long to setup Oracle components and test the backup? Assume Oracle software already installed. (is it still true that some Oracle executables need to be relinked after TSM installation, sorry, I should find TSM documentation and read it first)
  3. Anything that I need to pay special attention during the installation and testing phase?

Thank you in advance.

--

Regards,

Limin Guo.